Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Recipe: Caprese salad with a twist


Caprese salad with a twist

I don't want to eat lots of bread, but sometimes it's just easier and faster to take some bread with me to work. This salad is super easy too and if you have a little kitchen at work like I do, you can even make it at work. It only took me 5 minutes.

What you need:
  • Mozzarella
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/2 tbsp (home made) pesto
  • 5 leaves of basil
  • roasted pine nuts
  • black pepper

Optional:

  • Puffed quinoa

What you do:
Cut the mozzarella, tomato and avocado in small bite size cubes, add the pesto and mix it together.
Serve it with the basil leaves (I chopped them a bit before eating), the roasted pine nuts and the puffed quinoa. Add some black pepper to taste.

It's that easy! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment