Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My December TBR pile

In December I like to stay indoors, I just don't like the cold, the rain, snow.. I'm made for summer. I just can't function without my daily dose of sunshine! So, I always read a lot in December, under a blanket, curled up against The Mister.
Today I want to share my December TBR pile. TBR means 'To Be Read', so in other words: These are the books I'd like to read in December.

A little bit more info about the books:

Jake Woodhouse - After the Silence (Amsterdam Quartet, #1)
A murdered policeman, a dead businessman hanging from a hook, a building burnt to the ground in an arson attack and a missing girl - identity unknown.
It's up to damaged, world-weary Inspector Jaap Rykel of Amsterdam's finest to piece it all together. Alongside him he's got an inexperienced female detective wrestling with the ghosts of her past, and a Sergeant with a drugs habit. And then there's the internal affairs investigation...

I'm really curious about this book, especially because it's set in Amsterdam. I love crime novels, so I'm having high hopes for this book. I won this signed copy at the Amsterdam Book Center.

Victoria Schwab - The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

This is the second book in The Archived series. I've read the first book a while ago and this months it's time to pick this series back up!

Mark Haddon - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (in Dutch)
Christopher John Francis Boone knows all the countries of the world and their capitals and every prime number up to 7,057. He relates well to animals but has no understanding of human emotions. He cannot stand to be touched. And he detests the color yellow. Although gifted with a superbly logical brain, for fifteen-year-old Christopher everyday interactions and admonishments have little meaning. He lives on patterns, rules, and a diagram kept in his pocket. Then one day, a neighbor's dog, Wellington, is killed and his carefully constructive universe is threatened. Christopher sets out to solve the murder in the style of his favorite (logical) detective, Sherlock Holmes. What follows makes for a novel that is deeply funny, poignant, and fascinating in its portrayal of a person whose curse and blessing are a mind that perceives the world entirely literally.

I'm super excited to read this book, since I've heard so many great things about it. I've borrowed this book from a friend who recommended it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment