Monday, November 24, 2014

Project 333: Explanation

I started something called project 333. With this project you basically create a capsule wardrobe of 33 items that you then wear for the next 3 months, nothing new/else. It's a way to learn how to be happy with less. I've watched lots of capsule wardrobe and project 333 videos on YouTube and I'm finally ready to do this!

Here are the rules copied directly from the website: http://theproject333.com/

The Basics 
When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.

I'm choosing not to include jewelry, because I don't wear it a lot.

I've started this project by cleaning out my closet. Lots of it is in boxes to sell at a local flee market, what was left are clothes I absolutely love. Everything that isn't in season, I boxed too and put it up the attic. Now I'm left with a really neat closet!

In the last month, I'll start planning my wardrobe for the next three months, I'll buy the items I need/miss in the last two weeks. This way, I won't spend lots of money on new clothes, everything I'll buy is something I need. I'm thinking to set aside a certain amount of money every month for this.

I already love this project and I can't wait to start planning for the next three seasons!


No comments:

Post a Comment