Saturday, April 18, 2015

Review: Fuji Instax Share SP-1

Instant photography has always been one of my hobbies. I own several Polaroid cameras, but I stopped using it when the film got more and more expensive. I got myself a Fuji Instax Mini, because film for that camera is much more affordable. At the time it was hard to get your hands at that camera, so I was super happy when I finally got it. Right now those cameras are sold everywhere and so is the film! I've used it for a couple of years, but in the end I didn't use it as much as I would like to. It's pretty hard to get the settings right, my photos often came out too light, too dark, or out of focus. Now the film is affordable, but it's certainly not cheap. So I ended up not using it anymore, because I was scared to ruin more of the film.

A couple of months ago I found out they made a new Instant device. The Fuji Instax Share. It was just what I was looking for! It's an instant printer that uses the same film as the Fuji Instax Mini (so I could use the film I already bought once). The big difference is, you can print the photos from your phone! This means, every picture comes out just the way you want. So no ruined film anymore, the first day I got this baby at home I finished a whole pack of film!

It's really easy to use, you download the app, you connect your phone with it through wifi, you make a photo or pick one from your film roll, there are some editting options and you just press Print! I already thought up some projects I want to do with my photos and I'll share the DIY's here on my blog.

2 comments: