Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Recipe: Oriental chicken salad

Salads are perfect to take with you to work, so I love to make them on sundays so I have a nice lunch at the office. I had some left over soba noodles, so I made an oriental inspired salad to go! I really enjoyed it and every time we have some noodles left, I'll make this salad!

What you need for 1 lunch salad:

  • A handful of spinach
  • A handful of rocket salad
  • 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
  • 1/4 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/2 smoked chicken breast, sliced
  • 1/4 cup cooked soba noodles
  • 1 tbsp cashews
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds
  • 1 spring onion, in rings

For the dressing:

  • 2 tbsp (less salt) soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1/4 tsp wasabi paste

Just put everything in a lunchbox, tupperware or another container. Mix the dressing ingredients in a smaller container and add it to your salad before you're eating it! It's that simple.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment