Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Fitness: Boxhop to CrossFit Victrix in Alkmaar, The Netherlands


A couple of weeks ago, my friend Debbie and I decided we wanted to go Box hopping (Visiting other CrossFit boxes and do a WOD there). She first joined me to the box where I go to and last sunday it was time to visit hers! So I went on a train to Alkmaar where I met Debbie and Jens (who was joining us!). Together we walked to the location of CrossFit Victrix.

We had a warm welcome with tea and I met a couple of girls, whom I already knew from Instagram (Anouschka and Marloes), super fun! After we changed into our workout clothes it was time to start! We began with a warming up and some foam rolling. Cool! We don't have foam rollers at my box, so this was something new for me. I liked the 'good pain' it gave me, lol. When we were ready with rolling, the trainer explained the WOD to us and we set everything up.


The WOD:
7 rounds for time

  • 10 ring push ups
  • 10 overhead squats
  • 10 side box jumps


Man, it was though. After the 3th round my shoulders already began to ache, but I kept going and I ended the workout in 18 minutes.
When we were done, we got more tea and relaxed a bit, then we got ready for lunch at Echt Alkmaar. More about that later this month!

It was super fun to try out another box and I can't wait to try out some more, maybe in Florida next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment