- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 broccoli, in small florets
- 3 spring onions, in small rings
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 organic chicken stock cube
- 1 cup chicken breast filet, bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning + a bit extra for topping
- Black pepper
- some sesame seeds
- 1/2 chili pepper, in small rings and seeds removed
What you do
- In a pot, cook 1 liter of water with the chicken stock cube. When the water is boiling and the cube dissolved, add the chicken breast filet pieces. And let that cook on low heat while you do the rest!
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and sauté the onion, celery, onion, chili pepper and cajun seasoning and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are slightly soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa, then add the chicken broth with chicken and some black pepper to taste. Partially cover and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until the quinoa starts to soften, for about 12 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook uncovered until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into bowl and top it with spring onion and sesame seeds.