Thursday, January 29, 2015

Food & Fitness Diary: Week 03

People are often very interested in what I eat, how often I work out and how I work out. So that's why I came up with the idea of keeping a week long food and fitness diary. I liked doing this so much, I'm planning on doing this on a monthly base. I'm not adding my drinks, but I drink water all day long and about 3 cups of green tea every day.

Monday:
I have a 9 to 5 full time job as a graphic designer, so I always have lots of food with me to the office. Because our trainer promised us a heavy CrossFit workout tonight, I'm planning on eating enough, so I'll have all the energy I'm gonna need for that workout!




Breakfast
I start the day with a bowl of warm oats. I mixed some flax seeds, chia seeds, coconut grater and hemp seeds with some oatmeal, added soy milk and some frozen fruit on top. 2 minutes in the microwave and done! I topped it with half a Smart Bar from Body & Fitshop and some pistachios.

Lunch
For lunch I've had an Oriental Chicken Salad (recipe will be on the blog soon). Lots of greens, yum!

Dinner
My friend Debbie came over for dinner, so on sunday I already made a Cajun chicken quinoa soup, so we could eat right when we get home from work. Because later that evening we went to CrossFit.

Snacks
In the morning I had a Nutbar (Zonnatura) sweetened with honey. In the afternoon I had a sweetie fruit (some kind of grapefruit, but less bitter) and a healthy oatmeal banana apple pie muffin from Jens. After my CrossFit workout Debbie and I had a Vanilla protein shake from Body and Fitshop.

Fitness
Today Debbie went with me to my CrossFit Box where we did the NK MBO (Dutch championship from students in sports educations) WOD's. We all were exhausted when we were done, yeah!

Tuesday:
Tuesdays are my rest days. No workout planned today! But I did get the book I made fresh from the press, yeah :)

Breakfast
Because I had a workout the day before, I always eat a bowl of quark (it's like Greek Yogurt, but higher in protein), with home made granola, raspberries and 85% dark chocolate chunks. Yum, so good!

Lunch
For lunch I had a home made healthy Instant noodle cup. Something I came up with to replace the unhealthy noodle cups in the supermarkets. It tasted pretty good. I also had two rice crackers. One with brie and one with hummus.

Dinner
Every tuesday we have dinner at my parents in law. This time we ate a delicious spaghetti bolognese.

Snacks
In the morning I had a Smart Bar as a snack, tried out the new flavor, Delicious Caramel. It's pretty good! Later that day I had a banana and a little piece of delicious pie from Joyce. In the evening I had some vegetable chips.

Wednesday:
Another day at the office!

Breakfast
For breakfast I had a warm bowl of protein oatmeal, because I'm still super sore from mondays CrossFit WOD's. I topped it with a bunch of berries from the freezer and some pistachios.

Lunch
I discovered delicious crackers last week and I had three of them for lunch. One with goatcheese/rocket salad/flax seeds, one with brie/walnuts and one with avocado/thinly sliced smoke-dried beef/puffed quinoa.

Dinner
We had one of my favorite pasta dishes for dinner: Whole wheat ravioli filled with ricotta and spinach, with soy cream salmon sauce. Perfect workout fuel.

Snacks
In the morning I had a nut bar, in the afternoon a banana and after CrossFit a vanilla protein shake.

Fitness
Wednesdays are for CrossFit too! After the warming up and flexibility we did 5 sets of 6-8 slow chin ups. After that we did a buddy WOD, 20 minutes AMRAP (as many rounds as possible). 15 goblet squats, 15 push ups, 15 jack knives, 6 wall climbs, 20 overhead lunges, 10 toes to bar.

Thursday:
Woke up sore from yesterdays WOD and when I got home, my new CrossFit shoes arrived, yay! In the evening we picked up my dog Buddha.

Breakfast
I had another bowl of warm oats, seeds, fruit and walnuts.

Lunch
I made a salad at work with spinach, rocket, avocado, salmon, red onion, pistachios, Parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes and black pepper.

Dinner
After work Wouter and I went to the opening party of Schreiber Acadamy where we were supposed to have dinner. But we were super hungry and we went home early to eat some fries, oops! I did enjoyed it very much, lol.

Snacks
I had 2 tangerines and a Smart Bar as a snack.

Fitness
Nothing today! Thursday is a rest day for me.

Friday:
Almost weekend! Just one day at work left.
Breakfast
I had another bowl of warm proats (protein oats) with raspberries, mango, walnuts and hemp seeds.

Lunch
For lunch I had a sandwich from two slices of whole wheat spelt bread with avocado, smoke-dried beef and an egg.

Dinner
We had a quick dinner, because we had some left over noodle soup in the freezer.

Fitness
Crossfit again. We did the Dirty Thirty: 30 box jumps, 30 kettle ball swings, 30 walking lunges, 30 knees to elbows, 30 push press, 30 wall ball shots, 30 burps and 30 double unders for time. After CrossFit, we had post WOD drinks and a delicious couscous with chicken.

Snacks
One nut bar in the morning, a vanilla whey protein shake when I got home from training. In the evening I went out and I had 3 glasses of wine.

Saturday:
We kind of had a chillaxed on saturday, after yesterday's drinks.
Breakfast
Quark with home made granola, raspberries and bee pollen.

Lunch
Anti hangover food, eggs, bacon and avocado!

Dinner
For dinner we had chicken burgers with some seasoning, sweet potato fries and green beans.

Snacks
After dinner we had some friends over and I made a lovely cheese platter with some spelt bread, yum!

Sunday:
This sunday I made lots of food for the blog, because I need the daylight!
Brunch
We woke up super late, so I made us a nice brunch of waffles.

Dinner
For dinner we went out. We reserved for a Michelin star quality dinner at a local restaurant. It was super fun and delicious! Read more about it here.

Fitness
In the afternoon I did a 6 km run in 33 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment