Sunday, October 5, 2014

Monthly Review: September

Wow, another month has passed and such a busy one! That's one of the reasons I didn't read a lot of books this month. I did had a lot of fun and we watched some movies, so time to share:

Books I've read: 
  1. Emmy Laybourne - Sky on Fire (Monument 14, #2)
  2. Veronica Rossi - Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
  3. Karin Slaughter - Fallen (Will Trent, #5)
Books read in 2014: 52

Movies I've seen:
  1. Chef (2014)
  2. Maleficent (2014)
  3. The Fault in our Stars (2014)
  4. Devils Knot (2013)
  5. Carrie (2013)
Movies seen in 2014: 34

I loved Chef! Definitely a recommendation when you need a feel good movie and if you love food. Maleficent was fun too, I like fairy tales. The Fault in our Stars was fun, sad and beautiful all at the same time and yes, I cried. Devils Knot was very boring, it's supposed to be a thriller, but it sure didn't thrill me. Carrie was enjoyable. I'd already seen the old movie and I've read the book a couple of years ago.

Fun stuff I did:
  • We've booked a vacation to Florida in March!
  • We went on a spontaneous trip to Artis where Jens and Isis joined us too.  
  • We went to a neighborhood bbq, in someone else's neighborhood, lol. Where I danced in the streets and drank too much wine.
  • We went on a double date with Jorrit and Emmy, we had lunch ad Juice & Salad in Amsterdam. It was very good!
  • My cousin dyed my hair black, finally.
  • I went to a fun party with some of my colleagues.
  • I celebrated my 29th birthdayparty with lots of friends in our tiny apartment.
  • The Dam tot Damloop, a local running event. Which meant a lot of friends, wine and bad food.
  • I hosted a Taco Party for my parents, brother and sis in law to celebrate my birthday.
  • My sis in law and my dad celebrated their birthdays, so I had lots of quality time with my family.
  • 2 friends, Laura and Judith celebrated their birthdays too.
  • MudMasters. I couldn't join, but I enjoyed myself with taking photos.
You see? Such a busy, but fun month. Lots of birthdays, including my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment