Monday, September 15, 2014

Recipe: Nutty Brussels sprouts

Brussel sprouts recipe
Unlike lots of kids, I've always loved me some Brussels sprouts. But when I tried out this new recipe I thought up, I was sold. Even my boyfriend, who never liked them, ate it with an appetite. So I knew I had to share this recipe with the rest of the world!

What you need for two servings:
  • 400 grams Brussels sprouts
  • 2 chicken sausages
  • 100 gram of mixed nuts (I used pecans, walnuts and pistachios)
  • Sea salt and black pepper
  • Lemon juice
  • Olive oil

What you do:
  1. Rinse the Brussels sprouts and slice them in half, bring water to a boil and cook them for 4 minutes.
  2. Heat up some olive oil and bake the sausages until they're almost done.
  3. When the sprouts are done, heat some more olive oil and lay the sprouts in it, with the uncut side facing up (like on the left photo below). Just let them sit there, checking from time to time if the bottom side turns brown.
  4. In the mean time your sausage is done, cut them in little 1/4" (1 cm) slices.
  5. When your sprouts turned golden brown, add the nuts, I chopped them up a bit, for smaller pieces. Stir everything than add the slices of sausage.
  6. Sprinkle it all with lemon juice, sea salt and pepper
I added a bit of puffed quinoa too!

Brussel sprouts recipe
Brussel sprouts recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment