What you need for two servings:
- 400 grams Brussels sprouts
- 2 chicken sausages
- 100 gram of mixed nuts (I used pecans, walnuts and pistachios)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
What you do:
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts and slice them in half, bring water to a boil and cook them for 4 minutes.
- Heat up some olive oil and bake the sausages until they're almost done.
- When the sprouts are done, heat some more olive oil and lay the sprouts in it, with the uncut side facing up (like on the left photo below). Just let them sit there, checking from time to time if the bottom side turns brown.
- In the mean time your sausage is done, cut them in little 1/4" (1 cm) slices.
- When your sprouts turned golden brown, add the nuts, I chopped them up a bit, for smaller pieces. Stir everything than add the slices of sausage.
- Sprinkle it all with lemon juice, sea salt and pepper