What you need for 2 servings:
- 200 g spelt orecchiette (mini shell pasta)
- 10 slices of pancetta
- 150 g frozen peas
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- small bunch fresh mint
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1/2 lemon
- freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- roasted pine nuts
- Cook the spelt orecchiette according to the packet instructions.
- Finely slice the bacon, Pick the mint and discard the stalk and chop them finely, finely grate the Parmesan and quarter the cherry tomatoes.
- Get a large frying pan over medium heat and add some olive oil, add the pancetta to the pan, sprinkle some black pepper over and fry until golden and crisp
- When the pancetta is golden, add the frozen peas and stir them through. After a minute, add the crème fraîche and chopped mint to the pancetta and peas.
- When the orecchiette is done, drain it in a colander over a large bowl, reserving some of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the frying pan. Take the half lemon and squeeze the juice over the pasta.
- The sauce should be creamy, but if it's to thick, add some of the cooking water to thin it out a bit, add the Parmesan cheese (save some for on top) and the cherry tomatoes and give it a good stir.
- Divide the pasta between the plates and top it of with more Parmesan cheese and the roasted pine nuts.